|Circular No. VBB/2019-2020/07||17/08/2019|
VIDYA BAL BHAWAN PUBLIC SCHOOL
(Affiliated to CBSE, Delhi)
Sec-11, Vasundhara, Ghaziabad-201012
Circular for Dengue
As you are aware that dengue is more prevalent in September, October and November; therefore, it is mandatory that the students arrive in the school fully covered. They are advised to wear Full Sleeves Shirt, Trouser, Full Legging/Socks & Shoes.
Guidelines for Control of Dengue ‘Do’s and Don’ts.
Dengue is a viral disease.
· Abrupt onset of high fever
· Severe frontal headache
· Pain behind the eyes which worsens with eye movement
· Muscle and joint pains
· Loss of sense of taste and appetite
· Measles-like rash over chest and upper limbs
· Nausea and vomiting
There is no specific treatment available as such, therefore symptomatic treatment and case management is only way,
· Don’t be panicky as dengue is a self limiting disease.
· Patient should be given lots of fluid and drinkables.
· Tile patient should be advised to take rest avoid movements and should take rest till recovery phase (3-8) days is not complete.
· In any fever in the dengue season avoid taking Aspirin (disprins) tablets. Paracetamol tablets are recommended for fever and body ache.
· Consult a doctor and get proper diagnosis at the earliest for appropriate management.
STAY AWARE, STAY HEALTHY.
Dr. Hari Dutt Sharma